Saturday, December 3, 2011

If I should die before I wake Blog #5

The article that I will be comparing my book t, is a dairy of an anonymous Jewish girl that was taken to the Lodz Ghetto. This dairy was found in 1945 after the allies liberated Lodz. They do not know the name of the girl that wrote the dairy because only a portion of the diary was found, and what was found had no identifiable marks. What they do know is that it was written by a girl in the February and March in 1942 timeframe. Because of historians reading the dairy they know that she had a 17-year-old sister and a 16-year-old brother. In reading the book I know that Chana and this girl were at the Lodz Ghetto at the same time. Like Chana in my book If I should die before I wake this girl talks about the food shortage, how her life has changed, and the factories. Both girls talk about how hungry they are and they can’t get it off their mind. They both also talk about the significance of the fence, and how it separates them from the rest of the world. They both hope for freedom and dream of the days before Hitler and the German invasion. They wonder if they will be able to return to the life that now seems to be a dream.

1 comment:

  1. It is great that you found an article to support the events that happened in your book. This is a terrific connection. Unfortunately, I was hoping you'de further develop this entry to include excerpts. Also, you needed to cite your source.

    3.5/5 points. Underdeveloped entry. Also there are mechanical errors. For example, in the first sentence, "The article that I will be comparing my book t, is a dairy of an anonymous Jewish girl that was taken to the Lodz Ghetto."

    ReplyDelete