Saturday, December 3, 2011

If I should die before I wake Blog #4

My two books were Boy in the Stripped Pajamas and If I should die before I wake. These two books are similar because both take place during the Holocaust and both books reveal the realities Jews experienced during the years under Nazi control. In the book If I should die before I wake there are two protagonists; Hilary with her anti-Semitism attitude and Chana who struggled to survive the loss of her family and friends. In Boy in the Striped Pajamas there are two protagonists as well; Bruno with his naive outlook and Shmuel a 10 year old, living his life in a death camp. You can connect Chana and Shmuel because they were both Jewish and were living under Nazi control. Chana in the Lodz Ghetto and Shmuel in Auschwitz. You can also connect Hilary and Bruno because they were both naive in their beliefs about Jewish life. Hilary had a lack of understanding about the impact Hitler and the Nazi’s had with killing millions of Jews. While Bruno was completely oblivious as to why Shmuel and the other Jews were at Auschwitz. I look forwarded to reading more of my book to see if the protagonist will have more in common.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Meaghan. I was hoping you'd dig a little deeper into the character's motivations and conflicts. Next time see if you can make stronger inferences and synthesize more of what you read and experience in class.

    3.75/5 You have mechanical errors. Ex: "I look forwarded to reading more of my book to see if the protagonist will have more in common."

    ReplyDelete